Healthy, colorful and delicious, these are an amazing way to use up your leftover turkey.
- 3 mdzucchinis, washed, ends cut and halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbspolive oil
- 1/3 conions, chopped
- 1/4 ccelery, chopped
- 1/2 cred peppers, chopped
- 1 cbutton mushrooms, chopped
- 2 lgcloves garlic, pressed
- 2 ccooked turkey, cubed
- 1 1/2 cmarinara sauce
- 1 Tbspitalian seasoning
- 3/4 csharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cpanko® breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tspground himalayan sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper, or to taste (i always use mixed peppercorns)
- 1/2 cparmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 tspsmoked paprika
How to Make Turkey Zucchini Boats
- Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC and lightly grease a baking dish: set aside.
- Slice zucchinis in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh out with a melon baller, leaving about ¼-inch from the edges – reserve the flesh for other recipes. Place zucchini boats on the prepared baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil and when hot, add onions and celery; sauté for 3 minutes. Add red peppers and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic and quickly sauté for 1 minute. Add cooked turkey, Marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and sharp Cheddar cheese; stir until the ingredients are well blended.
- Remove from the heat and add breadcrumbs and parsley; stir well and taste and adjust if necessary.
- Evenly stuff the prepared zucchini half cavities. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese to cover the filling and dust with smoked paprika.
- Wrap the dish with foil and transfer to the preheated oven; bake for 35 minutes.
- 25 minutes later, remove the foil and continue baking for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Yields 6 zucchini halves
- To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link >>>>