Serve this chunky smoked whitefish salad from chef Judi Barsness on toasted crusty bread, on crackers or mounded over a bed of salad greens.
- 1 pound smoked whitefish or trout, deboned and flaked (about 4 cups)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Julienned radishes for garnish
Combine fish, mayonnaise, bell pepper, scallions, celery, capers, dill, parsley, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes. Serve topped with radishes and more dill and lemon zest, if desired.
Serving Size: About 3 Tbsp. Per Serving: 52 calories; 3 g total fat; 0.5 g saturated fat; 9 mg cholesterol; 281 mg sodium. 112 mg potassium; 0.4 g carbohydrates; 0.1 g fiber; 5.4 g protein; 150 IU vitamin a iu; 4 mg vitamin c; 5 mcg folate; 7 mg calcium; 6 mg magnesium;