These slow cooker fajitas will melt in your mouth, the steak always comes out soft and tasty! Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and/or salsa. Sour cream helps if the spice is too strong.
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) beef flank steak
- 1 (8 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 large flour tortillas, or as needed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Step 1
Cut flank steak into 6 equal portions and place in a slow cooker. Add tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and salt.
Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on High for 4 to 6 hours, until steak is fall-apart-tender.
Remove steak and shred. Return to slow cooker.
Serve hot with tortillas and shredded cheese, allowing everyone to make their own fajita.
For a spicer version, substitute a serrano pepper for the jalapeno.
Substitute corn tortillas for the flour tortillas if you like.
Per Serving: 598 calories; protein 28.2g; carbohydrates 68.9g; fat 22.8g; cholesterol 51.8mg; sodium 1050.1mg.