I put this together for my parents. Apple streusel for my dad and just a taste of cream cheese for my mom. I will be making this, at their request, for Thanksgiving.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Well done Kathy! This caramel apple dessert is the perfect combination of streusel and cheesecake. Salted caramel swirled in the cheesecake adds a nice salty, sweet flavor. Walnuts give the dessert a nutty taste and a nice crunch. Impressive when served, this could be an easy-to-make holiday dessert and has all the flavors of fall.
- 2 cgraham crackers, crushed
- 1 stickbutter, softened
- 1 tspcinammon
- 2 Tbspbrown sugar
- 2 pkgcream cheese, room temperature (8 oz each)
- 1/2 csugar
- 1 tspvanilla
- 2 largeeggs
- 2Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 2 Tbspsugar
- 1/2 tspcinnamon
- 1/4 tspnutmeg
- 1 jar(s)salted caramel topping
- 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 call-purpose flour
- 1/4 coats
- 1/4 cbutter, softened
- 1 1/2 cwalnuts
How to Make Nutty Caramel Apple Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Sprinkle walnuts onto a cookie sheet and roast for 7-8 minutes. Set a side.
- In a medium bowl combine the cookie crumbs, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Cut in softened butter until the crumbs are moist and hold together. Press into a non-stick springform pan and bake until lightly golden. Cool slightly. Reduce oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust and swirl 2-3 tablespoons of the salted caramel into the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon apples evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine all the topping ingredients except for the walnuts. Sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle walnuts evenly and drizzle with the salted caramel topping.