This dish is my family’s comfort food and it is spicy! We love this so much some always bring it to holiday dinners! We all have our own way of making it but, this way is my favorite! If short for time I buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up. One whole chicken is the perfect amount of chicken. I like to use hot diced green chilies and diced tomatoes with green chilies.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Your family is going to love Jessica’s chicken casserole. It’s filled with Mexican flavor. For our taste buds, it was not spicy so if you like spice use the hot tomatoes and chiles. We love the layers of tortillas and creamy chicken filling. Cheese on top is ooey gooey good. Serve with refried beans and Spanish rice, for a fun fiesta-themed dinner.
- 1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 can(s)cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 can(s)cheddar cheese soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 can(s)diced tomatoes with chiles (10 oz)
- 1 can(s)green chiles (4 oz)
- 4 ccooked chicken
- 1 pkgflour tortillas
- 2 cshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottlecooking spray
How to Make Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13×9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a pan, stir together the 3 kinds of soup, tomatoes, and green chili. Stir in the chicken. Warm mixture on low. This makes it easier to spread.
- Add a layer of tortillas to the baking dish.
- Add a layer of the chicken mixture to the dish. Begin and end with tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole.
- Bake 350 F for 30 minutes. For a golden top, you can broil the top for about 40 seconds.