I had leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving and this recipe was born.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What to do with extra sweet potatoes? Make this fantastic strudel! It’s simple to throw together and bakes beautifully. Using a pre-made crust means it’s a cinch to make. Once baked, it’s very impressive. It’s filled with cinnamon and brown sugar flavors with some crunch from chopped pecans. A great way to reinvent holiday leftovers.
- 2 csweet potatoes, smashed
- 1pie pastry, prepared
- 1 cpecan, chopped
- 1 cbrown sugar
- 1 Tbspcinnamon powder
- 1 tspnutmeg
- 1 tsppure vanilla extract
- 1egg, slightly beaten for egg wash
How to Make “Leftover” Sweet Potato Strudel
Test Kitchen Tips Don’t worry if your strudel cracks, ours did. A sprinkle of powdered sugar covered it up.
- Combine all ingredients (except pastry crust).
- Spread the mixture on the pastry crust.
- Gently roll.
- Place on a cookie sheet and brush top with egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve alone or topped with whipped cream or ice cream.