I love using my instantpot for quick, tasty meals. Saves so much time for a working woman, yet still able to serve delicious meals in half the time!
These tips are a family favorite…hope you’ll give them a try.
- 2 lbstew meat, sirloin, roast etc -cut into 1.5 inch cubes – i user stew meat
- 1 mdonion – chopped
- 2-3 clovegarlic, chopped
- 1-10 ozbeef broth
- 1- 10 ozfrench onion soup
- 1 1/2 tspbetter than boullion beef paste and 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
SEASONING FOR BEEF
- 3 Tbspflour
- 2 tspgarlic powder
- 1 tsponion powder
- 2 tspsteak seasoning
- 1/2 tsppepper
- 1 tspkosher salt
- Olive oilfor browning beef and 2 tbsp of butter for browning onion
- Egg noodlemashed potatoes,etc
How to Make ~ Hearty Instant Pot Beef Tips ~ So Tender
- In instantpot on saute, heat a couple tbsp olive oil.
Meanwhile mix dry seasonings and flour in a baggie.
Add meat and coat well.
Start browning meat once oil is hot, don’t overcrowd – do in a couple batches, removing to a plate as it browns…do not cook through.
Once all meat is browned add 2 tbsp butter, then add onion, cooking a few minutes then add garlic toss a few seconds.
Now, add broth, scraping all brown bits from bottom of pot. Add french onion soup, boullion and Worcestershire sauce. Stirring well. Add meat back to pot.
Place lid on pot and seal.
Place on highest pressure setting, cook 25 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 15 min, then release remaining pressure.
- Now turn back to saute and mix 2 tbsp corn starch and 2 tbsp water. Once broth is boiling whisk in corn starch mix stirring well and once thickened turn off pot.
- Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes, whatever you prefer.
I served over egg noodles with a side of corn.
So very delicious!