This easy pasta salad is packed with fresh flavor from tomatoes, basil and balsamic vinegar. It takes just 10 minutes to make and while you could eat it right away, it tastes even better the longer it sits, so plan to leave at least an hour of marinating time before serving. Make a batch to have for lunch this week, serve it alongside a healthy protein source for dinner or bring it to your next potluck.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar plus 2 tablespoons , divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups grape tomatoes (about 19 ounces), halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced white onion
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 pound cooked whole-wheat bow-tie pasta
- Step 1
Whisk 1/4 cup vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, onion and basil (or parsley); stir to combine. Refrigerate, stirring once or twice, for at least 1 hour. Add pasta and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and toss well to coat.
To make ahead
Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Serving Size: 1 2/3 cups Per Serving: 250 calories; fat 6g; sodium 382mg; carbohydrates 42g; dietary fiber 6g; protein 7g; sugars 17g; niacin equivalents 2mg; saturated fat 1g; vitamin a iu 1458IU; potassium 179mg.