Easy slow cooker Santa Fe chicken. Serve over rice or tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Step 1
Combine black beans, chicken broth, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, corn, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay atop the beans mixture.
Cook on Low for 9 1/2 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker to a cutting board; shred into strands, return to the slow cooker, and stir into the beans mixture.
Continue cooking on Low for 30 minutes more.
You can cook this on High for just 6 hours. Remove chicken to shred after 5 1/2 hours and let simmer another 30 minutes after returning chicken to the slow cooker.
Per Serving: 178 calories; protein 22.5g; carbohydrates 17.6g; fat 2.3g; cholesterol 43.9mg; sodium 548.4mg.