This Doritos casserole is layered with ground beef, onions, and garlic in a creamy cheese sauce and Doritos Nacho Cheese Chips. It is then topped with Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese and baked to perfection. Then I top it with goodies like chopped fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes, jalapeno rings, and sour cream. This is a hearty casserole by itself but if company is coming I like to serve it with a Layered Taco Salad and Classic Bloody Mary Cocktails. It is always a hit with friends and family and a winning combination.
- 1 lbground beef
- 1/2 mediumsweet onion finely chopped
- 2 clovegarlic minced
- 1/4 cbutter
- 1/4 cflour
- 2 cmilk
- 1/2 cchicken broth
- 2 Tbsptaco seasoning
- 2 cshredded cheddar
- 1family size bag doritos (nacho cheese)
- 1/2 cmonterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cchopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 csliced grape tomatoes
- 1jalapeno sliced in rings
- ·sour cream
How to Make Doritos Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9×13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Start browning your ground beef over medium heat. After 3-4 minutes of browning add your onions. Cook until the beef is browned and the onions are tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Plate the hamburger mixture.
- Melt the butter over medium low heat. Whisk in the flour and continue cooking 2-3 minutes while whisking. Add the milk and chicken broth alternating between the two. Simmer until thickened. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the taco seasoning and 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese. Continue whisking until melted and smooth. Add the cooked hamburger mixture to the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Slightly crush a couple handfuls of chips and place them in the prepared casserole dish. Spoon half of the beef mixture over the chips and add another layer of crushed chips. Spoon the rest of the beef mixture over the chips. Top with one more layer of crushed chips. Sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Cover the casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through. Finally top with chopped cilantro, sliced tomatoes, and jalapeno rings. Serve with a heaping tablespoon sour cream.