Enjoy this filling and colorful salad for lunch or dinner. The dressing gets made in the same bowl that the salad is tossed in, so the greens absorb every bit of flavor.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups torn green-leaf lettuce
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- ½ cup slivered red onion
- ⅓ cup sliced pepperoncini
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Step 1
Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add lettuce, spinach, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and pepperoncini; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with feta and sunflower seeds.
Serving Size: about 2½ cups Per Serving: 466 calories; fat 24g; cholesterol 130mg; sodium 591mg; carbohydrates 14g; dietary fiber 4g; protein 49g; sugars 7g; niacin equivalents 30mg; saturated fat 5g; vitamin a iu 6881IU; potassium 1068mg.