Comfort food at its best, this creamy, cheesy casserole with lots of shredded hash browns works either as a main dish or hearty side.
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup*
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- 1 (30 ounce) package Ore-Ida® Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes cereal
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onion and hash browns until well mixed. Spoon evenly into baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together cereal and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired. Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
* TIP: If desired, substitute condensed cream of chicken soup or condensed cream of turkey soup.
Per Serving: 434 calories; protein 12.8g; carbohydrates 31.5g; fat 29.4g; cholesterol 73.2mg; sodium 857.4mg.