This recipe is requested at every family gathering. Let it be your next dish that they crave! I like this dish to be prepared at least two hours before serving. Be sure to have copies of the recipe on hand, as everyone will ask for it!
- 8 slices Pork, cured, bacon, raw
- 2 heads Broccoli, raw
- 1 ½ cups Cheese, Cheddar, sharp
- ½ large red onion
- ¼ cup Regina Red Wine Vinegar-50 grain NB
- ⅛ cup Sugars, granulated
- 2 teaspoons Spices, pepper, black
- 1 teaspoon Salt, table
- ⅔ cup Salad dressing, mayonnaise, soybean oil, with salt
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice, raw
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Per Serving: 272.7 calories; 8.1 g protein; 7.3 g carbohydrates; 35.4 mg cholesterol; 542.7 mg sodium.