My husband and I enjoyed this homemade candy which I call it, Bacon Candy Crack. This delicious treat kept well uncovered for several days in the refrigerator.
- 6 slicebacon, cooked and crumble (i personally used oscar mayer maple flavored bacon.)
- 17saltine crackers
- 1 stickbutter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cgranulated sugar
- 1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Bacon Candy Crack
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Line a 10 x 15-inch baking sheet with Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil.
- Lay saltine crackers on baking sheet, as seen in photo.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then add the sugar and bring to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sugar is completely dissolved; while stirring frequently.
- Then immediately pour over the crackers.
- Bake in oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers.
- Place baking sheet back in oven for 1 to 2 minute. Then remove and evenly spread on the chocolate chips, then sprinkle the bacon on top.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, then cut into squares. I used a pizza cutter when cutting into squares.
- Note: This delicious treat kept well uncovered for several days in the refrigerator. The next time I make this, I plan on using Mini Chocolate Chips, and another time I plan on using Dark Chocolate Chips.