A delicious pasta, meat and cheese combination with a homemade dressing. It serves a crowd and is great for a picnic.
- 1 pound GG Sea Shells Semolina Pasta-Dry-Cup QK
- ¼ pound Salami, dry or hard, pork, beef
- ¼ pound Pepperoni, pork, beef
- ½ pound Asiago Cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can Olives, ripe, canned (small-extra large)
- 1 Peppers, sweet, red, raw; red bell pepper
- 1 Peppers, sweet, green, raw; green bell pepper
- 3 Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw
- 1 (.7 ounce) package Good Seasons Dressing Mix-Italian-Dry Env
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil NOI
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar-60 Grain NAK
- 2 tablespoons Spices, oregano, ground
- 1 tablespoon Spices, parsley, dried
- 1 tablespoon Cheese, parmesan, grated
- Salt, table
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, and cool under cold water.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, black olives, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and tomatoes. Stir in the envelope of dressing mix. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad, and mix well.
Per Serving: 451 calories; 15 g protein; 33.2 g carbohydrates; 36.6 mg cholesterol; 977.5 mg sodium.