A good friend’s favorite potluck dessert. They’re reminiscent of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups but more chocolatey. An easy no-bake dessert. (There are similar recipes available but I haven’t come across one that is exactly like Allie’s.)
2 1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
1 csmooth peanut butter
1 cbutter, melted
2 1/2 cpowdered sugar
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
8 1/2 ozreese’s baking cups and reeses’s pieces candy (it’s a package in the baking aisle)
How to Make Allie’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Place parchment paper sprayed with non-stick spray in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Using a hand mixer, mix graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, melted butter and powdered sugar until combined; press into the baking dish until packed into an even layer.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave by cooking on high for 30 seconds, stirring, and repeating until completely melted; spread melted chocolate evenly over the peanut butter layer.
- Evenly sprinkle the Reese’s Baking Cups and Reese’s Pieces Candy over the chocolate. Refrigerate until set (approximately 4 hours) and ready to serve (or, see below for optional cutting instructions).
- Optional but makes them easier to cut: Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes (the chocolate won’t be completely hardened but it will be starting to get really thick). Once cut, leave in the pan and refrigerate (NOT FREEZE) for a couple of hours. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve for best results.