This quick soup recipe is done in only 15 minutes thanks to convenience products like frozen chopped onion and precooked kielbasa. You’ll have a warming winter soup on the table in no time!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ½ ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed
- Step 1
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa and onion; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add garlic powder, cumin, thyme, smoked paprika, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth, kale and beans. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the kale is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 ½ cups Per Serving: 293 calories; fat 16g; cholesterol 23mg; sodium 605mg; carbohydrates 26g; dietary fiber 6g; protein 15g; sugars 4g; niacin equivalents 5mg; saturated fat 4g; vitamin a iu 1895IU.